- Consistent with UTPA’s strategic plan & COBA’s mission, our engagement activities seek to build a mutually beneficial partnership between the faculty and students of COBA & Rio Grande Valley (RGV) community stakeholders.
- Our engagement emphasize leveraging the skills and expertise of COBA’s faculty and students to serve the needs of RGV community stakeholders.
- Our engagement activities are aimed at developing a collaborative partnership with RGV community stakeholders that enable them to contribute to the success of COBA’s & UTPA’s mission.
- Our engagement activities seek to foster a lasting partnership with RGV community stakeholders in order to contribute to the economic & social development of RGV
- We believe in a voluntary, initiative-driven and bottom-up engagement program
- Community engagement should have a broad & participatory approach. We believe in interdisciplinary partnership within and outside UTPA
- Community engagement should be a “two-way street”-COBA faculty, students and our partners each play a critical role
- Community engagement should be outcome-driven