Mission: The Business and Tourism Research Center in the College of Business Administration is part of the University’s community engagement program that designs, conducts and disseminates customized, primary RGV-based research relevant to businesses and communities within the Rio Grande Valley and beyond.
The most notable markets targeted for study by the Center are Senior winter visitors or "Winter Texans".
2014 Winter Texan Research Sample Data:
Winter Texan Study Methodology
- 25,000 questionnaires distributed in the Winter Texan Times
- January 30, 2014
- 1394 completed Winter Texan questionnaires 88 RV/Mobile home park questionnaires
Winter Texan Demographics
|Married||Years old||Some college||Retired 1+ years||Household income|
Valley Stay Characteristics
- Stayed in the Valley 133 days
- Had come for 11.2 years, including this year
- Reasons for coming to the Valley:
|Climate||Friendly people||Social activities||Winter vacation||To visit Mexico|