- MCLL 2301: Mexican American Language, Literature, and Culture
- 3 hours of Mexican American Fine Arts: MUSIC, DANCE, ART, OR KIN
- HIST 3373: Mexican American Heritage OR ENG 4316: Mexican American Literature
- SOC 4323: Mexican American People OR ANTH 3373: Mexican American Folklore
- 6 additional hours of MAS coursework
The MAS minor provides students with transdisciplinary knowledge of the political, cultural, social, economic, and artistic conditions and contributions of Mexican Americans and Latino/as in the U.S. With the minor, students will be trained to create culturally informed solutions that meet the needs of Mexican American and Latina/o communities here in the Rio Grande Valley and nationwide. The MAS minor enhances the training of students as professionals in many fields, including literature, history, government, social services, community service, education, health, arts, among others. The minor also prepares students for graduate studies, law school, medical school, and other advanced degrees. Any student that will be working with these communities would benefit tremendously from a MAS minor.
For downloadable PDF of courses & requirements click here