We are proud to announce a new Graduate Certificate in Mexican American Studies. UTPA's Mexican American Studies recognizes its role in this region in fostering unique opportunities for research focusing on the Mexican American experience. UTPA graduate students will greatly benefit from doing work in Mexican American Studies with the receipt of a Graduate Studies Certificate. Mexican American Studies graduate students will be able to compete with other students from universities across the state and the nation. Completion of the certificate will position students as competitive job candidates in various fields including Humanities, Education, Law, Social Services, Communication, Health, among many others. These and other fields require a specialized knowledge in Mexican American Studies, as well as Master's Students wanting to pursue a PhD. Once the student fulfills the requirements, the certificate would be listed on their official transcript. Other requirements include:
- 12 hours of Graduate coursework in Mexican American Studies from any discipline
- No more than 6 hours in any one discipline
- Already accepted into a UTPA graduate program
- Students may count coursework from main program with permission of advisor
- Fill-Out application (see link below)
- View PDF on Graduate Certification in Mexican American Studies!
“For additional information please contact the MAS Graduate Studies Director, Dr. Marci McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org or mas @utpa.edu"