Teaching Effectiveness & Observation Forms
- Teaching Effectiveness Peer Evaluation Policy (2012)
- Periodic Performance Evaluation of Tenured Faculty (2012)
- Class Observation Rubric (2012)
Workload Determination Policy
- Native GPA, Incomplete, & Grade Change Policies
- UTPA Academic Policies for Faculty & Advisors (3-peat, 6-course drop, etc.)
- Registrar's Answers to 6-course drop rule
Graduate Faculty Status
Graduate faculty in the HOP:
English Department's Graduate Faculty Criteria
1. To qualify for Full status on the Graduate Faculty, one must have at least two refereed scholarly publications (or the reasonable equivalent in book chapters or monograph) within the last five years; or have the reasonable creative writing or linguistics equivalent within the last five years; one of which may be an accepted and forthcoming publication (which is subject to review and verification).
2. To qualify for Associate status on the Graduate Faculty, one must have at least one refereed publication (or the reasonable equivalent in book chapters or monograph; or the reasonable creative writing or linguistics equivalent) within the last five years.
3. To qualify for Special status on the Graduate Faculty, one must have a letter from the chair stating a specific reason for the appointment.
4. All candidates for Graduate Faculty shall have demonstrated successful upper-level and/or graduate-level teaching, as specified by HOP 6.4.4. This will be confirmed by the department chair.