Master of Art in Communication
The Masters of Arts in Communication degree is designed for those who are interested in pursuing advanced studies in communication as a means of enhancing their professional and academic careers. This degree is a broad-based and individualized degree program that addresses all of the essential dimensions of communication including organizations, group, interpersonal, intercultural, journalism, public relations, mass media and communication theory.
Why a Master’s degree in Communication at UTPA?….We have the EXPERTS!
- Dr. Jessica Raley was the 2010 recipient of the University Excellence Award in Teaching.
- Dr. Jeffrey S. McQuillen was the 2012 recipient of the College Excellence Award in Service.
- Dr. Greg Selber authored Bronc Ball: History of College Basketball at Pan American (2012), UTPA Press.
- Dr. Aje-Ori Agbese authored the Role of Intercultural Communication in Conflict Resolution (2010), Lambert Academic Publishing and Women in Africa (2012), Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Dr. Yanrong Chang published seven national articles between 2010-2013.
Areas of Concentration: This degree is designed such that the individual candidate may tailor the program concentration to fit the requirements of his/her intended employment goals.