In this 3-session workshop, you will get several hands-on, step-by-step demonstrations on how to create with Precious Metal Clay (PMC) Silver. PMC is a unique jewelry making material. This user-friendly product is a malleable substance that is composed of fine silver particles in an organic binder. It can be sculpted and manipulated like potter’s clay. In this workshop, participants will explore the unique qualities of PMC. Participants will also be encouraged while exploring the techniques to find their own voice and style and have whole lot of fun doing it.
- Learn to design, model, carve, and sculpt with Precious Metal Clay (PMC)
- Learn how to work with Fine Silver.
- Step-by-step firing and finishing instructions.
- Explore this fantastic medium while making pendants and earrings.
- All class material and tools are supplied. The only thing you need to bring is your imagination.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who wants to learn and explore the unlimited possibilities of designing and creating jewelry in Fine Silver PMC.
Erum Saeed Javed, MFA
Ms. Javed is a graduate of Masters in Fine Arts (MFA) at University of Texas Pan American and is engaged in teaching Metals Art & Jewelry Design at South Texas College. She has been significantly exposed to various avenues of art such as drawing, installation art, and metals and jewelry design. Her experience of classroom teaching combined with her qualification has enabled her to develop highly effective teaching techniques and instructional methods for all styles of learners, and to foster a fun and engaging learning environment.
UTPA Fine Arts Annex, Room 1.303. Map!
July 13th, 20th, 27th, 2013
Saturdays 1:00 P.M.- 4:00 P.M.
$210 (includes $60 worth of materials). Due to the time needed to order the materials in advance, we can promise the marterials to be available by the first class only to those who completed their registration and payment by July 3rd.
A fee of $230 will be charged for people registering after July 3rd, 2013.
No Prerequisites required.