This course is designed to help individuals who are preparing to take the licensing exams at the bachelors and masters level.
LBSW Session Objectives
- Describe and discuss pertinent theories and content areas in the BSW curriculum.
- Learn test taking strategies and decision-making tools for the exam and their professional career.
- Social work graduates will be able to take and pass the ASWB Bachelors Examination required by the State of Texas for the LBSW License.
LMSW Session Objectives
- Social work graduates will be able to take and pass the Masters, Advanced Generalist, and Advanced Clinical Examinations required by the State of Texas for social work licensing.
- Students will be able to use test taking strategies and decision-making tools for the exam and their professional career.
- Masters of Social Work graduates will be able to describe and discuss the pertinent theories and content areas in the MSW curriculum, including ethics.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is considering to take the bachelors or masters licensing exam in Social Work.
Testimonials From Previous Participants:
"The social work licensing course was amazing, I feel ready for the exam." NL
"I loved the course; time passed super fast because of the professors motivation." AF
Norman Cobb, PhD
Professor at University of Texas-Arlington. Dr. Cobb has taught in the School of Social Work at UTA since 1989. Before UTA, he taught for five years at the University of North Texas. For over 15 years, Dr. Cobb has conducted workshops on the Texas State licensing exams for bachelor's degree (LBSW) and master's degree (LMSW and LCSW) social work graduates. Currently, he conducts nine workshops annually at the University of Texas at Arlington, and one at the University of Oklahoma.
He received his Ph.D from the University of California at Berkeley. .
UTPA McAllen Teaching Site. Map!
LBSW, last offered on April 10, 2014 from 8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
LMSW, last offered on April 11, 2014 from 8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Registration will be closed a week before the start date.
No Prerequisites required.