Vice Provost Fellows, Faculty Affairs
- Marie T. Mora, Economics
- Rebecca N. Mitchell, English
ADVANCE Stem Fellows
- Hasina Huq, Electrical Engineering
- Kristine Lowe, Biology
- Andras Balogh, Mathematics
- Rajiv Nambiar, Manufacturing Engineering
Administrative Fellows, 2013-14
- Dr. Dorina Chipara - Assistant Professor of Physics and Geology
- Office of Undergraduate Research and Service Learning
- The Fellow in the Undergraduate Research program will assist with the development of infrastructure to identify, promote, and assess supervised student research activities across campus. Responsibilities will be to collect data on existing Undergraduate Research activities and to identify at least one new initiative to propose for implementation by the end of the Fellow’s appointment. Potential initiatives the Fellow might explore include expanding undergraduate research in specific areas, a plan for assessment of impact of current research programs, or partnerships for summer research opportunities. The Fellow will also assist with the coordinating of the fall Undergraduate Research Conference.
- Dr. Teresa P. Feria - Assistant Professor of Biology
- Office of Research
- The Office of Research will engage the Fellow in initiatives that will be mutually beneficial in terms of meeting the needs of the office and also providing opportunities for professional growth for the Fellow. Opportunities will be offered to engage the Fellow in the following areas: (1) Work with the Vice Provost for Research in engaging the Centers on campus to move to the next level of excellence; (2) Work with the Vice Provost for Research to support the new Thematic Scholarly Communities to be successful; (3) Developing and implementing new faculty training programs for developing competitive proposals in collaboration with the Offices of Sponsored Projects and Faculty Affairs; and (4) The Fellow will have significant interaction with faculty members on campus to engage them in research, scholarship and creative activities. Our goal is to grow the research enterprise at UTPA through various initiatives. Several of these initiatives are underway and the Fellow will play an important role in advancing these and others within the Office of Research and the campus.
- Dr. Javier Macossay- Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Office of the Vice President for University Advancement
- The Office of the Vice President for University Advancement Faculty Fellow will work on a research project titled “Analysis of the South Texas Region’s Past Giving Culture, Present Giving Culture and Forecast of Future Giving”. This research will help identify proven methods that positively impact philanthropy in areas similar to the South Texas region, where philanthropy efforts for higher educational purposes are highly non-traditional. Through research, we seek to understand major components and form a data-driven analysis of the following: (1) The nature of philanthropy at UT Pan American from an external and internal perspective, the true wealth capacity of our donor base (individuals, businesses, foundations if any, and alumni) and giving behaviors among our unique demographics; and (2) A study on how rebranding the “Super University” will impact our donors, based on past giving patterns.
- Dr. Marci McMahon - Assistant Professor of English
- Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs will provide the Fellow the opportunity to gain experiential training in a variety of administrative functions hosted by the office. The Fellow will be responsible for coordinating the Spring 2014 UTPA ADVANCE Symposium: ADVANCING Women in the Academic STEM fields through Dual Career Policies and Practices. This will include planning, communications and coordinating the logistics of this symposium. Other responsibilities related to programs and initiatives administered by this office will be assigned to the Fellow as needed.
- Dr. Liang Zeng - Associate Professor of Physics and Geology
- Office of the Vice President for Business Affairs
- The Office of the Vice President for Business Affairs Fellow will assist in the development and assessment of large scale K12 STEM programs. Furthermore, she will be assisting with the quantification of current University programs for that will provide a premise for a 5 year longitudinal study.