Objective: ENHANCE FACULTY DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- ADVANCE Leadership Institute. This semester-long Institute started in Spring 2013. The Institute has been enrolling 20-25 faculty members per year from both STEM and non-STEM disciplines. Both female and male tenure-track and tenured faculty members are eligible to apply. The Institute provides professional development and leadership opportunities through a series of eight workshops and other events. In addition, the ADVANCE Leadership Institute includes a formalized mentorship program in which each participant is paired with a mentor (where possible, with the faculty member’s mentor of choice). Upon completion, Institute participants become eligible for the ADVANCE Administrative Fellows Program.
- ADVANCE Administrative Fellows Program. Designed to complement the ADVANCE Leadership Institute, the ADVANCE Administrative Fellows Program started in the 2013-14 academic year. In addition to participating in professional development seminars, the ADVANCE Administrative Fellows assume the duties detailed by their respective administrators, and are mainly be responsible for coordinating the initiatives/activities associated with a particular administrative office. In return for their service, these Fellows receive a 9-month stipend worth $4,000. Between 3-5 competitive Administrative Fellowships are expected to be awarded each year. This initiative is creating a larger pool of potential leaders who are confident in their leadership abilities after having "hands-on" experience. To be eligible for this program, faculty must have completed the ADVANCE Leadership Institute.
- Grant-Writing Workshops and Retreats. The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs offers grant-writing workshops and retreats where faculty members will work together to develop cross-disciplinary research teams. Faculty members learn about grant development and best practices for managing research teams and developing programmatic research.
- Marie T. Mora (Chair) email@example.com
- Professor of Economics and Finance and Vice Provost Fellow for Faculty Affairs
- Rebecca N. Mitchell
- Associate Professor of English and Vice Provost Fellow for Faculty Affairs
- Danika Brown
- Associate Professor of English and Director, Undergraduate Research and Service Learning